Highlights of 2023
2024 is almost upon us, and that means it’s time for me to share my Highlights of 2023. These are my favourite and most memorable moments of 2023. From meeting celebrities by chance to getting a new agent and simply having the best time with friends.
Highlights of 2023
- Role expansion in January 2023 to Head of Fiction Marketing including Zaffre, Manilla Press and Embla.
- I got a new agent – I moved from Northbank Talent Agency to LBA with Hannah Schofield as my new literary agent.
- Saw Moulin Rouge with my bestie, Freyja, in the can-can seats
- In February my friend left her job at the company we used to work at together and we had a leaving do in the pub. It was a lovely evening reconnecting with old colleagues and meeting new people.
- Going to The Vaults Festival to see Vanilla and running into Joseph Quinn (again), who happened to be friends with one of the cast.
- My friends Hannah and Sammy coming to mine for a roast dinner.
- Going to Stratford Upon Avon for a weekend in March – saw Julius Caesar, relaxed in the spa, walk down memory lane.
- Saw Paul Mescal and Patsy Ferran in A Streetcar Named Desire in the Royal Box at the Phoenix Theatre
- London Book Fair 2023 – representing Bonnier Books UK, handing out wristbands and wearing a Fair Rosaline T-Shirt.
- Visiting York in May 2023 – seeing York Minster, an exhibition of children’s literature at York Art Gallery and getting a York Ghost at the York Ghost Merchants.
- Night out with Hannah, Sammy and Anna at Heaven – saw another Drag Show – only got home at 4:30 am.
- Went to the photoshoot for Michael Ball’s new memoir Different Aspects.
- Travelled to Brighton for a day trip with Sammy – melting ice cream on the beach, bubbles, the worst cocktail ever, slot machines on Brighton Pier and singing cha cha cha very loudly.
- Meeting Sheila Atim at the audiobook recording of Fair Rosaline, she was lovely.
- I went to the Crown to Couture exhibit at Kensington Palace and had an afternoon tea with my mum and my godmother, Auntie Dawn.
- Won the BMS Adult Fiction Q1 award in 2023 for The Mother with the brand team, Blake and Holly.
- Visited Manchester for the first time and visited some old colleagues from HarperNorth for lunch.
- Went to my first-ever stadium concert and saw Churches and Coldplay in Manchester with my sister and dad.
- Went to Liverpool and saw The Cavern Club, and statues, visited Tate Liverpool, the Walker Art Gallery and the Museum of Liverpool.
- Went to Taste Film and saw Chef with a delicious five-course meal and two cocktails.
- Went to The Cauldron with my mates for my birthday, it was chaos – we left the bunsen burner burning for ages – and then an impromptu picnic in St James’ Park.
- Met up with my friends, Sammy and Hannah in St James’ Park for a second impromptu picnic.
- Solved a family mystery close to my heart.
- Attended Harrogate Crime Writing Festival in July for the first time.
- I met and hung out with my parent’s goddaughter, Megan, from New Zealand, whilst she was over visiting for the summer.
- In the summer I joined the Softball Publishing League and even got a home run in the game against the Hachette Hawks.
- Whilst walking to the Softball I saw Rami Malek in Primrose Hill.
- Also coincidently, ran into and got a photo with Hugh Bonneville, Emily Mortimer and Antonio Banderas at the Bridge Theatre after seeing Guys & Dolls. Antonio Banderas said I was very kind for helping them with a photo and Hugh hugged me.
- Saw Jonny Lee Miller and Tanya Reynolds in A Mirror at the Almeida Theatre.
- Promoted Days at the Morisaki Bookshop for #BookshopDay with lanyards and beautiful POS.
- Went to the Marina Abramovic exhibition at the Royal Gallery.
- Wrote a 25,000 novella in one weekend, by hand.
- Met my friend Clare’s, beautiful baby boy.
- I officially adopted Puck from Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium in Shoreditch.
- In September I got my first car, Mr Bumble the Kia Picanto and drove the motorways solo for the first time.
- Went to YALC with my friend Angelize.
- Saw Kenneth Branagh in King Lear at the Wyndham Theatre.
- Watched Peter Pan Goes Wrong in the front row.
- Winning a Book Marketing Society award for Best Debut Marketing Campaign for Days at the Morisaki Bookshop by Satoshi Yagisawa.
- Days at the Morisaki Bookshop hitting No. 1 in the Kindle chart on the 20th December.
- Had a rather exciting piece of news from my literary agent.
- Hosted Christmas dinner for Sammy and Hannah and played Blockbuster for hours.
- Being named ‘Hero of the Year’ at work, after being nominated by the Bonnier staff.
What were your highlights of 2023? Let me know in the comments below.