Favourite Experiences of 2019
This year has undoubtedly been the best of my life. That’s not something I say lightly. After a really awful year the year before, filled with loss of loved ones, therapy, mental health issues and much more, 2019 really turned around for me.
Not only did I develop my career, my mental health and my relationships, I also fulfilled some of my long held dreams. And I’m truly grateful.
Here are just some of my favourite experiences of 2019
- Going on BBC Radio 5 Live to talk about zero waste on Easter Monday
- Travelling to New York City on my own and having the best time
- Recording a very exciting project for a web series – to be announced
- Getting published in Glamour magazine
- Being paid for my writing
- Doing my first ever paid talk on social media for Funzing
- Going floating at Floatworks
- Being asked to be my sister’s bridesmaid
- Finding my bridesmaid dress – and my sister’s wedding dress but I love my dress too!
- Meeting and working with Laura Jane Williams – and having her merchandise hold up my dress at the HarperCollins Summer Party
- Starting a new job at HarperCollins, working with authors like Richard & Judy author C.L. Taylor, Laura Jane Williams and Sue Moorcroft – as well as so many other talented authors!
- Going to see books printed at the printers, with Sue Moorcroft
- Spending time with my gorgeous little cousins, and other babies my mother has seemingly adopted
- Spoken on numerous panels to discuss my career and side hustles
- Attending the HarperCollins Summer Party at the V&A and seeing the Christian Dior exibition after hours with A.L. Michael and Portia Macintosh – not to mention being at a party with David Williams, Philippa Gregory, Emma Gannon and Greg James
- Having the best leaving do with Canelo, followed by another night of drinking with friends to celebrate my birthday
- Walking to the Bronte Waterfall with my mum’s bestie from childhood Beverly
- Watching the Paignton Air show with family
- Celebrating #BacktoHogwarts day with Angelize
- Going to #PRIDE in London for the first time
- Running the Side Hustle event for Society of Young Publishers
- Being nominated for a Trailblazer award
There have been so many amazing, wonderful, brilliant, fantastic experiences this year. I am beyond grateful. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my year and made it the best yet!
I can’t wait to see what 2020 brings.