30 Books Before 30 Check-In
It’s been nearly two years since I wrote a list of 30 books I wanted to read before I turned 30, but I thought it was time for a check-in. How many books have I read? And how many do I have left to read? This is my 30 books before 30 check-in.
30 Books Before 30
First, which books have I managed to read so far?
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- Disconnected by Emma Gannon
- Out of Office by Fiona Thomas
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Elektra by Jennifer Saint
- Love Labours Lost by William Shakespeare
- Heartstopper Vol. 2 by Alice Oseman
- Where Angels Fear to Tread by E.M. Forster
Which books have I DNF’d?
I’ve only DNF’d two of the books so far and I don’t intend on picking them up again. As such, I’ll be swapping out these titles for alternatives.
- Broke Millennial by Erin Lowry
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
Which books have I started, but not yet finished?
There are a few books on the list that I’ve picked up, but for various reasons have had to put down. I do intend on picking them up again though.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
- Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
Which books have I not yet started?
And finally, here are the books I’ve yet to start – including the x2 alternative titles – but will need to do so soon. I’ll need to read 7 of these per year to read them before I turn 30 in 2025.
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabikov
- For the Most Beautiful by Emily Hauser
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- A Starless Sea by Erin Morgernstern
- Beautiful World Where Are You by Sally Rooney
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- Mr Gaskell and Me by Nell Stevens
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- *Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
- *Before Your Memory Fades by Toshikazu Kawaguchi
* = alternative title
Which one should I read next? Let me know in the comments below.