25 Facts About Me
Today’s Blog Challenge post is a 25 Facts About Me post.
This was a lot harder than I thought, as I was trying not to repeat things from my previous Facts About Me posts that I did when I was 21 years old and the other when I was 22 years old. But I did repeat a few things for ease.
25 Facts About Me
- I am an agented writer. My agent is Hannah Weatherill at Northbank Talent Agency. I was signed by the agency back in 2019, and it’s been fabulous ever since!
- My favourite colour is yellow
- I have done my family tree back to 300AD. Apparently, I’m related to the man who opened the gates of Troy to let the Greek soldiers in, after the soldiers in the horse came out. Good going 45x Great Grandad Antenor. *face palm*
- I’m very superstitious. I never pass the salt, never cross on the stairs, always say ‘Hello Mr Magpie’ when there’s only one, and I break a lit matchstick when bad things happen.
- My favourite book quote is from Mr Knightley in Emma by Jane Austen – ‘If I loved you less I could talk about it more.’ *major swoon!*
- I collect Penguin Vintage Classics books. Currently, I have 71.
- My favourite band is Queen.
- I am addicted to chocolate. So much so I have a genuine chocolate drawer that has to have chocolate in it at all times.
- My three favourites books are The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, The Reader by Bernard Schlink and Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling.
- Celebrities I have seen since moving to London include Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie, Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellan, Sam Smith, Craig Roberts, Hayley Atwell, Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton and many many more…
- Working for HarperCollins UK means I get to go to a very exclusive summer party with several celebrities and well-known authors such as David Walliams, Greg James, Philippa Gregory and quite a few others. Perks of the jobs.
- I am the youngest Marketing Manager at HarperCollins UK, I was only 23 when I was hired.
- I am currently writing my second book, my first is currently out with my agent. The second book is about two female friends living in London, one is going through a sexual awakening as a demi-sexual woman and the other is struggling with emotional commitments in her first proper relationship.
- I started blogging in 2013. Originally I was a beauty blogger, then I was a book blogger and in 2016 I became a lifestyle, careers and book blogger at this domain: ellesbellesnotebook.co.uk.
- I have generalised anxiety disorder and have had therapy to deal with it. One of the best decisions I ever made was asking for help from my GP.
- My favourite hobbies include writing, genealogy, reading, napping, playing The Sims 4 and watching RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- I read at least 50 books a year. My aim is to read 100 books in 2020.
- I have been to New York City, Boston, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, Bologne, Virginia and Massachusetts. But that’s it for international locations. I really want to go to Florence, Rome, Krakow, New Orleans, Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Stockholm.
- I have ‘learn how to use an umbrella without breaking it’ on my 5-year plan…
- My favourite drinks are Orange Juice, Coke (diet or full-fat) and Prosecco.
- I keep a notes page on ‘funny things I hear’ for whenever someone makes a hilarious comment in my presence. If you’ve ever spoken to me for more than 30 minutes it’s likely that you’re featured on it.
- In 2019 I went zero waste for a year and was featured on BBC Radio 5 Live twice and wrote articles for The Telegraph, Glamour, Huffington Post and many online platforms about my experiences.
- I moved to London in 2018 with my best friend. We lived in North London before I moved to a studio flat around the corner.
- My favourite TV series include RuPaul’s Drag Race, Queer Eye, Outlander, Teen Wolf, Normal People, Medici: The Magnificent and The Bold Type.
- Before I worked in publishing I worked at a Garden Centre and famously killed an entire order of expensive orchids within two weeks by over-watering them. Needless to say, after five years of working at the garden centre on and off, I am terrible at gardening.
There we have it! 25 Facts About Me. I’m one strange person. What’s the strangest fact about yourself? Let me know in the comments below.