Self Care Ideas
Self-care is important, be it for people in their twenties or people suffering from mental health issues or simply going through some drama. Always take time for yourself.
It is not selfish so stop thinking that it is! You are the most important person in your life – you have to be.
Self Care ideas
- Take a social media detox – turn off that phone, iPad or laptop for 1-2 hours. Just chill.
- Put on a face mask, face sheet or soak your feet in some warm water – sitting on the edge of the bath with your feet in bubbly water will be fine.
- Read a book with a blanket, your favourite beverage and earplugs in
- Go for a walk – up the street to the shops, to the park for a wander, to town to window shop. Get outside
- Start a challenge – be it a daily challenge, a 7-day challenge or a 30-day challenge. It doesn’t have to be the start of the month either. Say to yourself: for the next XXX days I will XXX.
Take care of yourself first!
- Bullet Journal – get your life in order with some relaxing doodling on the side
- Take a long hot shower/bath
- Listen to a new podcast and/or audiobook
- Burn a candle or melt some wax to fragrance my room
- Try a new recipe
Give yourself permission to pause
- Learn something – be it via Skillshare, YouTube or simple Googling
- Movie marathon – Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Hunger Games – get your favourite snacks, drinks and movie contraption and marathon those bad boys
- DIY or hack something in your space to make it new and pretty
- Decorate something: your room, a birthday card, a plain notebook
- Put together a wishlist of items you want to buy over the next few months on your favourite shopping website
Say ‘Yes’ to others, but don’t say ‘No’ to yourself
- Brain dump your thoughts into a diary, journal or simply a piece of paper
- Change something in your life: try a new make-up look, move some furniture, break up your weekend routine, phone someone you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Eat something you want to eat. Fancy a Greggs sausage roll, go and get one! Want to eat a bag of chocolate buttons to yourself, do it!
- Have a herbal (or simply your favourite) hot drink
- Take a nap.
You can do just one of these things or all of them. But do something just for you at least once a week. It doesn’t have to be big, but it does have to be all about you.
Boost your confidence, your energy, your happiness. You’ll have no idea how much it can lift your spirits.