My Christmas Films Watch List
Sorry, not sorry, but my Christmas is beginning. As I write this I have Christmas music playing in the background and I’ve lit my first Christmas candle of the year. It’s beginning! Time for Christmas films!
One of the most important aspects of Christmas for me and my mum at least is watching all of our favourite Christmas films. We save them up for November and December so we have a very strong list.
Christmas Film watch-list 2018
- The Santa Clause
- The Santa Clause 2
- Scrooge (the Musical) – with Albert Finney “Thank you Very Much”
- Muppets Christmas Carol – “Light the lamp, not the rat, light the lamp, not the rat”
- The Holiday
- Love, Actually – Alan Rickman *weep*
- Deck the Halls – my mother’s favourite
- Meet Me in St Louis – “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
- The Grinch – “hate, hate, hate, double hate, loathe entirely”
- Home Alone
- Home Alone 2
- Miracle on 34th Street – my dad’s favourite
- Frozen – it’s gotta be done
- Sleepless in Seattle
I’ve never seen it but if I get the chance this year I am also aiming to watch:
- It’s a Wonderful Life
I’ve already posted the list on Twitter and quite a few people commented on some missing favourites. Well, these are not my favourites and as such, I don’t watch them.
But here is a list of highly commended titles:
- Die Hard
- Trading Places
- Christmas with the Kranks
- Bad Santa
- The Polar Express
- Home for Christmas
- Any Christmas movie made by Lifetime, Hallmark or Netflix
It is unlikely I’ll get to watch all of these movies with the little amount of time I have going spare this season but if I do get the chance I will!
What is your favourite Christmas movie to watch in the festive season?